By Theodore R. Weeks
- Provides a coherent evaluation of Russia's improvement from 1861 via to 1945
- Reflects the most recent scholarship via taking a thematic method of Russian background and bridging the ‘revolutionary divide’ of 1917
- Covers political, financial, cultural, and daily life concerns in the course of a interval of significant alterations in Russian history
- Addresses through the range of nationwide teams, cultures, and religions within the Russian Empire and USSR
- Shows how the novel rules followed after 1917 either replaced Russia and perpetuated an fiscal and political stress that keeps to steer sleek society
Read Online or Download Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia) PDF
Similar russian history books
This e-book is dedicated to the research and research of the customers for democracy one of the Muslim ethnicities of the Commonwealth of self sustaining States (CIS), either those who have bought complete independence and people ultimate in the Russian Federation. the 19 Western lecturers and students from the Muslim international locations and areas of the CIS who give a contribution to this quantity view the institution of democratic associations during this area within the context of a large and intricate variety of affects, notably the Russian/Soviet political legacy; local ethnic political tradition and culture; the Islamic religion; and the growing to be polarity among Western civilization and the Muslim international.
Imperial barriers is a learn of imperial enlargement and native transformation on Russia's Don Steppe frontier in the course of the age of Peter the good. Brian Boeck connects the competition of the Russian and Ottoman empires within the northern Black Sea basin to the social background of the Don Cossacks, who have been reworked from an open, democratic, multiethnic, male fraternity devoted to frontier raiding right into a closed, ethnic neighborhood dedicated to protecting and advancing the limits of the Russian kingdom.
This can be the 1st English translation of the 'Chronicle of Prussia', which used to be written by means of Nicolaus von Jeroschin, in center German verse, through the interval from 1330 to 1341. it's a background of the Teutonic Knights, encompassing the interval among the root of the order, in 1190, and 1331. The translator's advent units the paintings in its historic and cultural context.
Even if the West received the chilly warfare, the continuation of the established order isn't a foregone end. the previous Soviet-aligned areas open air of Russia -- Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic, and others -- take a seat atop decaying defense force whereas Russian habit has grown increasingly more competitive, as evidenced via its intervention in Ukraine in recent times.
- Soviet Eastern Policy and Turkey, 1920-1991: Soviet Foreign Policy, Turkey and Communism (Routledge Studies in the History of Russia and Eastern Europe)
- A un passo dall'Apocalisse: Il collasso sovietico, 1970-2000 (Italian Edition)
- Unified Military Industries of the Soviet Bloc: Hungary and the Division of Labor in Military Production (The Harvard Cold War Studies Book Series)
- The Three Romes: Moscow, Constantinople, and Rome
- Seven Years that Changed the World: Perestroika in Perspective
Additional resources for Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia)
Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia) by Theodore R. Weeks