By Michael Lynch
This is an OCR recommended resource.
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of luck with this attempted and confirmed sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and evaluation necessities of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and counsel for every appropriate specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for a number of classes including:
- OCR: Russia 1894-1941
Read or Download Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Best russian history books
This e-book is dedicated to the learn and research of the customers for democracy one of the Muslim ethnicities of the Commonwealth of self reliant States (CIS), either those who have received complete independence and people last in the Russian Federation. the 19 Western teachers and students from the Muslim nations and areas of the CIS who give a contribution to this quantity view the institution of democratic associations during this sector within the context of a large and complicated variety of impacts, notably the Russian/Soviet political legacy; local ethnic political tradition and culture; the Islamic religion; and the transforming into polarity among Western civilization and the Muslim global.
Imperial limitations is a learn of imperial enlargement and native transformation on Russia's Don Steppe frontier throughout the age of Peter the nice. Brian Boeck connects the competition of the Russian and Ottoman empires within the northern Black Sea basin to the social background of the Don Cossacks, who have been remodeled from an open, democratic, multiethnic, male fraternity devoted to frontier raiding right into a closed, ethnic neighborhood dedicated to protecting and advancing the bounds of the Russian nation.
This can be the 1st English translation of the 'Chronicle of Prussia', which used to be written by way of Nicolaus von Jeroschin, in heart German verse, throughout the interval from 1330 to 1341. it's a heritage of the Teutonic Knights, encompassing the interval among the basis of the order, in 1190, and 1331. The translator's advent units the paintings in its old and cultural context.
Even if the West received the chilly conflict, the continuation of the established order isn't really a foregone end. the previous Soviet-aligned areas outdoors of Russia -- Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic, and others -- take a seat atop decaying defense force whereas Russian habit has grown progressively more competitive, as evidenced via its intervention in Ukraine in recent times.
- The Less You Know, The Better You Sleep: Russia's Road to Terror and Dictatorship under Yeltsin and Putin
- Britannia and the Bear: The Anglo-Russian Intelligence Wars, 1917-1929 (History of British Intelligence)
- The End of the Cold War: 1985 - 1991
- Everyday Stalinism: Ordinary Life in Extraordinary Times: Soviet Russia in the 1930s
- The Clandestine History of the Kovno Jewish Ghetto Police
Additional info for Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition
Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition by Michael Lynch